2022 A Whirlwind of A Year

The above picture was taken during our staff Christmas Breakfast/Gift Exchange on December 16, 2022. In the back is Connie Fry (who retired 11/30/202), Sue Yarbro, our Inter-Library Loan Librarian, the middle row is Amber McWatters, our new Adult Services Librarian, Saul Gallardo, Page/Shelving, Me--Daniel Baldwin, Head Librarian, Lisa Zuver, Assistant Director/Fiscal Officer, Front row is Samantha Sorge, Genealogy and local history, MacKenzie Keene our New Children's Librarian, and finally Keri Black our new Director.

 Here we are, 2022 coming to an end, and what a year 2022 has been! For me personally, 2022 has been a pretty good year, there have been ups and downs, but overall it has been a pretty good year, I will see what 2023 brings to the table for me personally.

For me professionally, wow! There were staff changes at the Wauseon Public Library, we hired a new Children's Librarian in September! She is a blast to work with. My friend, my partner in crime, Connie, whom I worked with for 15 years retired on November 30, 2022, I miss her, but she does come in and check in on all of us. I took vacation time the last two weeks of November when Connie's replacement, Amber was hired and our new Director, Keri was hired. I came back after Thanksgiving and the new phone system that was put into motion during the summer was installed, it is probably going to take all of us at the library at least a year to get in all learned.  I got to work with our new Director and Connie's replacement when I returned after Thanksgiving, I like working with them both, we have a great staff! My new "Head Librarian" position has been fun and challenging and I am looking forward to this new position.  

I will see what 2023 has to bring to the table--Stay Tuned!

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorial Day Has Came and Went

Extreme Heat Gone . . . For Now

Summer is winding down